Welcome to Adult Education & Literacy!
You have the power to choose your future in your Community, Career or College.
We are here to help!
We provide FREE of charge English language, math, reading and writing instruction classes to help you acquire the skills needed to succeed in the workforce, earn a high school equivalency (GED®), or enter college or career training.
Classes are offered at various locations throughout San Antonio and surrounding counties. We look forward to meeting you soon!
What we Offer:
- Evening and day options
- Distance Learning option after completing 12 face to hours of in class instruction
- Held at multiple locations in San Antonio and surrounding counties
- Not be enrolled in any K-12 school system
- Need a High School Equivalency (HSE) certificate (have not earned a H.S. diploma)
- Demonstrate need for refresher on adult basic education skills (have earned a H.S. diploma or HSE and tests below a 12.9 grade level on TABE assessment)
Age specific requirements
- 18 years of age with withdrawal forms from last school attended, and parent/guardian permission. Parent/guardian must be present at registration or student must provide proof (Utility bill in their name, marriage license or rental agreement) he/she lives separate from parent/guardian.
- 17 years of age with withdrawal forms from last school attended, and parent/guardian permission (must be present at registration)
- 16 years of age with withdrawal forms from last school attended, court ordered documentation, and parent/guardian permission (must be present at registration)
"Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will."—Vernon Howard